Welcome!

Welcome to The PLUSH Blog! Here is where you'll find all things beauty, fashion, and fun! Enjoy! ~The Plush Team

Friday, January 25, 2013

MCM

Hey Guys and Dolls!!! I have the privilege of sharing with all of you the history behind one of my favorite handbag designers of all time, yes yes yes,  The one and onlllyyyy



Honestly guys ever since I was a little girl I have been fascinated with this designer. I have to say A LOT of it had to do with my older sister Chicha! When she was coming up, in the 90's MCM was THHHHEEE thing, from clothes to hats to handbags to shoes, it was heavily seen and worn in Urban society. Looking back I know for sure that what made the brand ultimately "cool," was that MY "cool" older sister always had it on. It's common that most younger siblings admire what their older sibling does, says or wears, and they automatically get the stamp of "cool" ... Unless you hate them of course lol. Anyway, my sister just happened to be very stylish growing up, alot of my love for fashion was birthed out of being around her. S/O to my older/middle sister!!!
 I love you CHI!!




And there you have it, for those who wondered why I am SO obssessed with MCM- that was the quick history behind it! But, sisterly influence or not, it can not be denied that MCM is one of the most stylish, timeless, and classic brands EVER!!


So its time!!! MCM 101, coming RIGHT up!!
(Guess whose excited?? Me! lol)



BEHIND THE BRAND

Mode Creation Munich, often shortened to the brand name MCM, is an originally German luxury brand, founded by Michael Cromer in Munich in 1975; it is now based in South Korea. MCM is headed by chairwoman and CEO Sung-Joo Kim with Michael Michalsky as its main designer. The company has offices in eight countries with over seventy boutiques worldwide and has become most famous for its luxury handbag collection. Recently the company has found new life with its vintage briefcases and hats garnering attention. ( More info )



 



THE LOGO 
 


The logo's beribboned  laurel leaves pay homage to King Lugwig I's passion for all that was neoclassical, representing the Greek symbol for victory and achievemnt with honour. 

The MCM diamond symbolizes value, stregthen and durability with compromise in beauty. It was inspired by the diamonds of the Bavarian Flag entitled "Weiss Blauer Himmel". The diamond- laden flag symbolizes the legacy of Munich and the Bavarian states, the birth place of MCM. 

The Munich Lion emblem, sometimes accompanied with the MCM logo, symbolizes Henry the Lion, the father of its birth place, Munich

THE AMAZING CRAFTSMANSHIP



Every MCM product is personalized by a brass plate, like a treasured heirloom, this signature detail bears a number unique to each peice, connecting the owner directly with MCM's skilled artisans. On request, customers can have their own initials engraved on each plate. ( wow WHO knew!!?? ) 


Good stuff I say!!!

One more quick facts!
  • There are over 70 worldwide MCM boutiques around the world ( NICE!! ) 




CAUGHT OUT AND ABOUT, GUESS WHO??!! MCM annndddd....

Now how cool is this??




Chris is ALWAYS rockin MCM I love it!!



MERRY CHRISTMAS TO MEEE!!! I was sooo excited about my reversible Patricia Fields special edition MCM tote!!


Me, doing make up backstage while getting my hair done, just so happening to be with my Patricia Fields reversible tote
Me, in Vegas with another piece

Singer Diana Ross, in an undated photo, with MCM suitcases. 

 
( Kinds looks like MJ could be aome kin to her in this pic! They loved each other so how cute!! )

TWO OF MY FAVORITE PIECES THESE DAYS
( #mooksfavs )

I just cant seem to get enough of the new MCM bookbags or the Waist bags 





SWEET BABY JESUS PLLEEASSSEE CAN I HAVEEE!!!  :-)





And now for the waist bags! I wore mine PROUDLY one day and someone said OMG WOW I LOVE your bag, I had no idea they were back in style lol.. I chuckled! What does "back in style" mean? I don't follow trends I wear what I love! Set your OWN trends!!! Rock what YOU love!

I love waist bags because I travel often and it makes life eaiser for me, all the while, still lookin fly. Yep! my kinda life! lol 


Watch my fanny!!! 






Love it!


Another cool line MCM came out with was the colab with Patricia Fields! Check them out!

Real quick....Who is Patricia Fields??

I was always fascinated with Patricia Fields because i discovered she was responsible  for the clothing around the series Sex and the City ( one of my favorites) 

Field met Sarah Jessica Parker during the filming of 1995's Miami Rhapsody. The actress became so enchanted with Field's collections that they became friends and continued working with her on the series Sex and the City. Before beginning the first season of the Sex and the City television series on HBO, Parker asked to have Field design some of the clothes that her character, Carrie Bradshaw, would wear. During Field's tenure as costume designer on Sex and the City, the show became famous for the fashions showcased. For her work on Sex and the City, Field was nominated for five Emmy Awards, with one win, and nominated for six Costume Designers Guild awards, with four wins. She is one out of six Honorees of the 2008 Reel Time Film Festival. She went on to return as Costume Designer for Sex and the City: the Movie (2008) and the sequel Sex and the City 2 (2010). She worked in the Asian market by creating the fashion behind the Chinese feature film "杜拉拉升职记" (Go Lala Go) (2010). Her most recent project is Taiwanese television series, The Material Queen.
Field has been in constant demand by some high society clientele ever since, and some of her designs have become well-known. Her television credits include Hope & Faith and Ugly Betty. She served as costume designer for the feature film The Devil Wears Prada, for which she was nominated for an Oscar for Best Costume Design, although in an extensive interview included as a bonus feature on the film's DVD release, she admits she dressed the cast by gathering garments from other designers' ready-to-wear collections rather than creating them herself. More info


In black

In Green


Queen B!!! WOOWHOO!!





Go Mrs. Feilds!! 

I'll leave you with a few more peices to feast your eyes on! Hope the New Year is treating you well, and even if it isn't be ENCOURAGED! IT will get better!










Classic!





I love the lime green! How yummy!!



Love always!
Blessings
- M. K. Ngenge #fineline

No comments:

Post a Comment